Analysis and Application of Analog Electronic Circuits to Biomedical Instrumentation 2nd Edition – eBook PDF
Analysis and Application of Analog Electronic Circuits to Biomedical Instrumentation, 2nd Edition, (PDF) helps biomedical engineers understand the fundamental analog electronic circuits used for signal conditioning in biomedical instruments. It describes the function and design of signal conditioning systems using analog ICs—the circuits that enable ECG, EMG, ERG, EEG, tomographic images, biochemical spectrograms, and other crucial medical applications.
This ebook demonstrates how op amps are the keystone of modern analog signal conditioning system design and shows how they can be used to build instrumentation amplifiers, active filters, and many other biomedical instrumentation systems and subsystems. It presents the mathematical tools used to explain noise and its propagation through linear systems, and it looks at how signal-to-noise ratios can be enhanced by signal averaging and linear filtering.
- Considers the modulation and demodulation of biomedical signals
- Discovers RFID, GPS, and ultrasonic tags and the design of fractal antennas
- Describes the design of instrumentation amplifiers and medical isolation amplifiers
- Explores analog power amplifiers, including power op-amps and class D (switched) PAs
- Evaluates the properties of photonic sensors and emitters and the circuits that power them
- Explains wireless patient monitoring, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication protocols
Addresses special analog electronic circuits and systems like phase-sensitive rectifiers, phase detectors, and IC thermometers
By describing the “building blocks” of biomedical systems, the author illustrates the importance of signal conditioning systems in the devices that collect and monitor patients’ critical medical information. Completely revised and updated, this 2nd edition includes new chapters, a glossary, and end-of-chapter problems.
What’s New in This 2nd Edition
- New end-of-chapter problems and examples
- Updated and revised material throughout the ebook
- A chapter on RFID tags, GPS tags, and ultrasonic tags
- A chapter on wireless patient monitoring using UHF telemetry
- A chapter on the circuits, applications, and characteristics of power amplifiers
- A glossary to help you decipher the acronyms and terms used in biomedical electronics, physiology, and biochemistry
NOTE: The product only includes the Analysis and Application of Analog Electronic Circuits to Biomedical Instrumentation, 2nd Edition (Biomedical Engineering) ebook in PDF. No access codes are included.