Basic and Clinical Biostatistics (5th Edition) – eBook PDF
White’s Basic and Clinical Biostatistics, 5th Edition, (PDF) provides researchers, medical students, and practitioners with the knowledge needed to build sound judgment about data applicable to clinical care. This 5th edition has been revised throughout to provide a comprehensive, timely introduction to biostatistics and epidemiology as applied to clinical practice, medicine, and research. Particular focus is on study design and interpretation of results of research.
The ebook features “Presenting Problems” drawn from studies published in the medical literature, end-of-chapter exercises, and a reorganization of content to show the way investigators ask research questions. To ease learning, each chapter contains a set of key concepts underscoring the important ideas discussed.
- Updated examples, content, and data sets throughout
- Updated examples using R, an open-source statistical software package
- Comprehensive examples illustrate statistical methods and design issues
- Sampling and power calculations set in with discussion of the statistical model
- Expanded coverage of data visualization, including content on visual perception and discussion of tools like Tableau, Qlik, and MS Power BI
- Main components include a chapter on survey research and expanded discussion of logistic regression, the Cox model, and other multivariate statistical methods
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Basic & Clinical Biostatistics 5e in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.