Basic Math for Nursing and Allied Health – eBook PDF
Basic Math for Nursing and Allied Health (PDF) uses an easy-to-understand building-block approach designed to teach you how to link basic math concepts with everyday activities and eventually understand the more complicated calculations and formulas used by nursing and allied health professionals. This exceptional text walks you through essential math topics from Roman and Arabic numerals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, percentage, fractions, ratios, and proportions, to conversion factors between household and metric measurements.
Case studies used throughout the ebook not only show the mathematical concepts related to everyday activities and events but also demonstrate how to effectively use case studies to grasp the art of interpreting story problems. Basic Math for Nursing and Allied Health is written by an author team with vast experience in many different healthcare fields including anesthesia technology, pharmacy technology, nursing, emergency medical technology, medical assisting, patient care technology, and laboratory technology, in addition to allied health instruction and education.
Effective learning aids help you understand and retain important concepts:
- Practice equations after every concept sharpen your math skills
- Key Terms presents definitions of must-know words and phrases
- Comprehensive review and final exam identify your strengths and weaknesses
- “Manual Math” tips and reminder boxes strengthen your confidence and knowledge
- Chapter Openers and Chapter Summaries identify must-know takeaways of every chapter
- End-of-Chapter practice tests aid you decide whether you should advance to the next chapter
- “Recipes for Success” case study scenarios demonstrate how mathematical concepts and formulas can be applied to real-life situations
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Basic Math for Nursing and Allied Health in PDF. No access codes are included.