Elementary Statistics (3rd Edition) – William Navidi – eBook PDF
Navidi’s Elementary Statistics, 3rd Edition (PDF) is a conceptual and procedural course in introductory statistics. It has been developed around three central themes: clarity, quality, and accuracy, based on extensive market research and feedback from statistics instructors across the country.
Excellent exercises, clear examples, author-created supplements, and completely integrated technology make this one of the more masterful elementary statistics courses available. The supplements and text are flexible enough to work effectively with a wide variety of instructor styles; for instance, the text covers both P-value and critical value approaches to hypothesis testing. Improvements to this 3rd edition include a new objective on the weighted mean, latest real data in new exercises and case studies, and a new supplement focused on prerequisite skills. Because statistics instructors universally agree that using real data better engages students, most examples and exercises in this textbook use real-life data; in fact, over 750 actual applications of statistics appear within the ebook, and topics and their pages can be found in an index. Each section contains one by one instructions explaining how to use multiple forms of technology to carry out the procedures explained in the textbook.
Several pedagogical features enhance the instructor’s and college students’ experiences:
• Marginal Explain It Again notes reinforce important concepts.
• Write About It exercises require students to explain statistical concepts in their own words.
• Each chapter begins with a discussion of a real problem that is used in the end-of-chapter Case Study.
• After each concept is explained, Check Your Understanding exercises determine whether students understand the material or need to review.
Author-provided supplements play a vital role in the educational process:
• Exercise videos, close-captioned for the hearing-impaired, are assignable in ConnectMath.
• Chapter-aligned technology manuals help students learn to use calculators, Minitab, and Excel.
• Short lecture videos introduce concepts, definitions, formulas, and problem-solving procedures.
• Editable PowerPoint presentations are broken down by learning objectives, with multiple teaching styles incorporated into each series.
• Guided student notes provide instructors the framework of daily class activities while students gain the framework of well-organized notes.
• Manuals for calculators, Excel, and Minitab 17 provide additional text-specific practice. Data sets from particular exercises are prepopulated into Minitab, TI-Graph Link, Excel, SPSS, and comma-delimited ASCII formats.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Elementary Statistics, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.