Essentials of Sociology (3rd Edition) – eBook PDF
Essentials of Sociology, 3rd Edition, (PDF) adapted from George Ritzer’s Introduction to Sociology, offers the same rock-solid foundation from one of sociology′s best-known thinkers in a briefer and more streamlined format. With new co-author Wendy Wiedenhoft Murphy, the updated 3rd Edition continues to illuminate traditional sociological concepts and theories and stresses some of the most compelling features of contemporary social life: globalization, the internet, consumer culture, and the “McDonaldization” of society.
New to this Third Edition (978-1506388953, 978-1506388946):
- New “Trending” boxes emphasize influential books by sociologists that have become part of the public conversation about important issues. Substituting “Public Sociology” boxes, this feature shows the diversity of sociology′s practitioners, methods, and subject matter, presenting authors such as:
- Matthew Desmond (Evicted)
- Eric Klinenberg (Going Solo)
- J. Pascoe (Dude, You′re a Fag)
- Michelle Alexander (The New Jim Crow)
- Allison Pugh (The Tumbleweed Society)
- Arlie Hochschild (Strangers in Their Own Land)
- Lori Peek and Alice Fothergill (Children of Katrina)
- Updated examples in the ebook and “Digital Living” boxes keep pace with variations in digital technology and online practices, including Uber, net neutrality, Bitcoin, digital privacy, WikiLeaks, and cyberactivism.
- New or updated subjects implement sociological thinking to the latest issues including:
- climate change
- charter schools
- the 2016 U.S. election
- the Flint water crisis
- fourth-wave feminism
- the global growth of ISIS
- the legalization of marijuana
- transgender people in the U.S. armed forces
- further segmentation of wealthy Americans as the “super-rich”
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Essentials of Sociology, 3rd Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.