Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2021 – eBook PDF
The go-to guide for nurses, nursing students, and other college students alike to promote better patient care! Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2021, (PDF) provides you with vital information on over 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs. This handy, user-friendly guide includes updated Black Box Alerts and comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration, side effects and harmful reactions, fixed combinations, and nursing considerations. It uniquely leads you through clinical priorities in the practice setting and is organized alphabetically by generic drug names for quick reference. New drug monographs include 17 new FDA-approved drugs!
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information encourages safe drug administration.
- The classifications section features a summary of actions and uses for drug families.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily recognize the most frequently administered drugs.
- The list of newly approved drugs in the front of the ebook makes it easy to locate the latest drugs.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located throughout the ebook for easy access.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Callouts in a sample drug monograph focus on key features to help you understand how to use the ebook more efficiently.
- Detailed information for every drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions to help you recognize which are most likely to occur.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most frequently used drugs are located on Evolve, along with quarterly drug updates.
- More than 1,000 generic name drugs, encompassing more than 4,000 trade name drugs, are organized alphabetically with A-to-Z tabs for easy and quick access.
- UNIQUE! Herbal information is included in the appendix and on the Evolve companion website, including the interactions and effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Extensive IV content features IV compatibilities/IV incompatibilities and breaks down main information with headings on reconstitution, rate of administration, and storage.
- Highlighting of high-alert drugs helps encourage safe administration of drugs that present the greatest risk for patient harm; an appendix includes drug names that look alike or sound alike.
- Nursing considerations are structured in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for baseline assessment, evaluation/intervention, and patient/family teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations trains you with special considerations for pediatric, hepatic, geriatric, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of every combined drug directly within the individual monographs, to assist you to understand different drug dose options for particular diseases.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2021 in PDF. No access codes are included.