Trauma (8th Edition) – eBook PDF
The world’s prominent resource on trauma surgery― with an expanded full-color atlas
A Doody’s Core Title for 2017!
Welcomed by readers and reviewers for its expert authorship and high-yield clinical content, Trauma, 8th Edition, (PDF) is unquestionably the field’s definitive text. Improved by a full-color design and a high-quality atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, this reliable classic takes the reader through the complete range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to meet.
Supported by numerous CT scans, x-rays, plus tables throughout, Trauma 8th Edition begins with an informative look at the mechanisms and kinematics of trauma injury. Ensuing chapters offer helpful background information on trauma epidemiology, the basics of trauma systems, injury prevention; triage, transport; and much more. The following section meticulously revises generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma 8e then provides a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help clinicians act to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is included. The remaining sections of the ebook will assist readers in successfully handle particular challenges in trauma―including alcohol and drug abuse and combat-related wounds―as well as post-traumatic complications like multiple organ failure.
- More international authors
- Increased number of illustrations and algorithms
- Media download with high-quality procedural videos
- A thorough discussion of the management of complications
- A-to-Z summary of the management of specific traumatic injuries
- Expanded Trauma Atlas includes specific, full-color anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques
- A high-yield section on particular approaches to the trauma patient prepares readers for the complete spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care they will meet in real-world practice
A newer edition is also available. See related ebooks below
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Trauma 8th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.