Vacuum in Particle Accelerators: Modelling, Design and Operation of Beam Vacuum Systems – eBook PDF
Vacuum in Particle Accelerators is a unique guide on how to model and make the best vacuum chambers
Vacuum in Particle Accelerators: Modelling, Design and Operation of Beam Vacuum Systems (PDF) offers a comprehensive overview of ultra-high vacuum systems that are used in charge particle accelerators. The ebook contributors; noted experts in the field, also highlight the modeling and design of vacuum particle accelerators.
The ebook reviews vacuum requirements, identifies sources of gas in vacuum chambers, and explores methods of removing them. In addition, Vacuum in Particle Accelerators offers an in-depth explanation of the control of the beam and the beam aperture. In the final part of the textbook, the focus is on the modeling approaches for vacuum chambers under various operating conditions. This important guide:
- Offers a review of vacuum systems in charge particle accelerators
- Contains contributions from an international panel of noted experts in the field
- Highlights the systems, modelling, and design of vacuum particle accelerators
- Presents the most up-to-date information on the topic for engineers and scientists
- Includes information on vacuum requirements, cryogenic temperatures, beam-gas interactions, heavy-ion machines, ion-induced pressure instability
Written for vacuum physicists, plasma physicists, vacuum engineers, engineering scientists and materials scientists, the ebook Vacuum Particle Accelerators is an essential reference offering an in-depth exploration of vacuum systems and the modelling and design of charged particle accelerators.