Classical Geometry: Euclidean, Transformational, Inversive, and Projective – eBook PDF
Clear, accessible and reader-friendly, Classical Geometry: Euclidean, Transformational, Inversive, and Projective introduces readers to a valuable discipline that is crucial to understanding bothspatial relationships and logical reasoning. Focusing on the development of geometric intuitionwhile avoiding the axiomatic method, a problem solving approach is encouraged throughout.
Features the classical themes of geometry with plentiful applications in mathematics, education, engineering, and science
The PDF ebook is strategically divided into three sections: Part 1 focuses on Euclidean geometry, which provides the foundation for the rest of the material covered throughout; Part 2 discusses Euclidean transformations of the plane, as well as groups and their use in studying transformations; and Part 3 covers inversive and projective geometry as natural extensions of Euclidean geometry. In addition to featuring real-world applications throughout, Classical Geometry: Euclidean, Transformational, Inversive, and Projective includes:
- Multiple entertaining and elegant geometry problems at the end of each section for every level of study
- Unique topical coverage, such as the theorems of Ceva and Menalaus and their applications
- Fully worked examples with exercises to facilitate comprehension and retention
- An approach that prepares readers for the art of logical reasoning, modeling, and proofs
The ebook is an excellent textbook for courses in introductory geometry, modern geometry, elementary geometry, and history of mathematics at the undergraduate level for mathematics majors, minors, as well as for engineering and secondary education majors. The ebook is also ideal for anyone who would like to learn the various applications of elementary geometry.
- Authors: I. E. Leonard, J. E. Lewis, A. C. F. Liu, G. W. Tokarsky
- File Size: 31 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 495 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition
- Publication Date: April 30, 2014
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00K3KF6U6
- ISBN-10: 1118679199
- ISBN-13: 9781118679197
We also have the solutions manual for this. You can get it from here.