Biochar Application: Essential Soil Microbial Ecology – eBook PDF
Biochar Application: Essential Soil Microbial Ecology, (PDF) summarizes the cutting-edge research on the interactions of complex microbial populations and their structural, functional, and compositional dynamics, and also the microbial ecology of biochar application to soil, potentials for future research, the use of different phyto-chemical analyses, and proposals for climate change policy.
Charcoal or biochar, produced from plant matter and applied to soil, has become increasingly recognized as having the ability to address multiple contemporary concerns, like agricultural productivity and contaminated ecosystem amelioration, mainly by eliminating carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and enhancing soil functions.
Biochar Application is the first reference to provide a complete assessment of the various influences of biochar on soil and ecosystems, and contains chapters evaluating all aspects of biochar technology and application to soil, from ecogenomic analyses and application ratios to nutrient cycling and next-generation sequencing. Written by a group of international authors with interdisciplinary knowledge of biochar, this reference will offer a platform where collaborating teams can find a shared resource to establish outcomes and recognize future research needs throughout the world.
- Provides an assessment of the impacts of biochar on soil and ecosystems
- Includes multiple figures and tables per chapter to aid in analysis and understanding
- Features knowledge gaps and directions of future research to encourage further discussion in the field and in climate change policy
- Summaries the latest research on the interactions of complex microbial populations and their structural, functional, and compositional dynamics
- Includes a complete table of the methods used within the contents, ecosystems, future research, contaminants, and application opportunities explored in the book
“…helps to fill a gap in discussions related to biochar utilization by expressly considering the soil biota and ecology…an excellent compendium of latest research into the effects of biochar additiononsoil microbial ecology…of interest to soil scientists and microbial ecologists as well as other researchers studying biochar utilization and the effect of biochar application on the soil ecosystem.” — Quarterly Review of Biology
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Biochar Application: Essential Soil Microbial Ecology in PDF. No access codes are included.