Biostatistics for Medical and Biomedical Practitioners (2nd Edition) – eBook PDF
Basic Biostatistics for Medical and Biomedical Practitioners, 2nd Edition, (PDF) makes it easier to plan experiments, with a focus on sample size. It also shows what choices are available when simple tests are inappropriate and provides investigators an outline of how the kinds of complex tests that they won’t do on their own work. The 2nd Edition offers a new, revised, and enhanced version of the chapters, taking into account new developments and tools available, discussing topics, such as the fundamental aspects of statistics, continuous distributions, discrete distributions, hypothesis testing, probability in epidemiology, and medical diagnosis, comparing means, regression, and correlation.
This ebook is a helpful source for researchers and students looking to expand or refresh their understanding of statistics as it applies to the research and biomedical fields. Based on the author’s experience of more than 40 years of teaching statistics to biomedical researchers and medical fellows across a wide range of fields, it is a valuable source for researchers who need to comprehend more about biostatistics to employ it to their work.
- Gives references to free online tests
- Provides a new section on ANCOVA
- Includes more than 200 diagrams, enabling the reader to visualize the results
- Discusses NHST testing in detail, its drawbacks, and how to think about probability
- Introduces procedures, such as Poisson distribution, multiple regression, binomial and multinomial distributions, variance analysis, and how to design and sample clinical trials
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Basic Biostatistics for Medical and Biomedical Practitioners 2e in PDF. No access codes are included.