Environmental Assessment on Energy and Sustainability by Data Envelopment Analysis – eBook PDF
Introduces a new, bold model for energy industry pollution prevention and sustainable growth
Offsetting industrial pollution prevention with economic growth is one of the toughest problems faced by the industry today. Environmental Assessment on Energy and Sustainability by Data Envelopment Analysis (PDF) introduces a new approach to using data envelopment analysis (DEA) as a powerful tool for accomplishing that balance in the energy industries—the world’s largest producers of greenhouse gases. It explains a rigorous framework that combines elements of the social sciences, regional economics, corporate strategy, energy economics, and environmental policy, and provides a methodology and a set of strategies for promoting green innovation while solving main managerial challenges to greenhouse gas reduction and business growth.
In writing this ebook the authors have drawn upon their pioneering work and considerable experience in the field to build an unconventional, holistic approach to using DEA to evaluate key aspects of sustainable development. The ebook is split into two sections, the first of which provides a conventional framework of DEA as the fundamental for new research directions. In the second section, the authors dive into conceptual and methodological extensions of conventional DEA for solving problems of environmental assessment in all modern energy industry sectors.
- Explores new statistical modeling strategies and studies their economic and business implications
- Presents a powerful new approach to using DEA to attain pollution prevention, sustainability, and business growth
- Condenses many important studies and about 800 peer-reviewed articles on energy, the environment, and sustainability
- Includes the fundamentals of DEA, including theory, statistical models, and practical issues of conventional applications of DEA
- Examines applications of DEA to environmental analysis across the complete series of energy industries, including coal, petroleum, nuclear energy, shale gas, renewables, and more
Environmental Assessment on Energy and Sustainability by Data Envelopment Analysis is a must-reading for researchers, graduate students, academics, and practitioners in the energy industries, in addition to government officials and policymakers tasked with regulating the environmental effects of industrial pollution.
- 978-1118979341, 978-1118979297
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Environmental Assessment on Energy and Sustainability by Data Envelopment Analysis in PDF. No access codes are included.