Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education (6th Edition) – eBook PDF
Long known as the gold standard for evaluation and testing in nursing education, the sixth edition of this masterpiece text provides expert, comprehensive guidance in the assessment of student learning in a broad variety of settings, in addition to the evaluation of instructor and program effectiveness. It offers fundamental measurement and evaluation concepts that will aid nurse educators in the design, critique, and use of suitable tests and evaluation tools. Important ethical, social, and legal issues associated with testing and evaluation also are explored, including the avoidance of cheating and academic policies for testing, grading, and progression.
Written by specialists in the field of nursing education, Evaluation And Testing In Nursing Education, 6th Edition, (PDF) includes practical advice on the development of test blueprints; creation of all types of test items, including next-generation NCLEX-style items; the assembly, administration, and scoring of tests; test/item analyses and interpretation; evaluation of higher levels of learning; assessment of written assignments; and suggestions for creating tests in online courses and programs. A complete section is dedicated to clinical evaluation processes and methods, including the use of simulation for assessment and high-stakes evaluation, clinical evaluation in distance settings, and the use of technology for remote evaluation of clinical performance. The ebook meets the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator Competency #3: Use Assessment and Evaluation Strategies.
NEW TO THE SIXTH EDITION:
- Extended coverage of test item analysis and interpretation
- Extended coverage of clinical evaluation processes and methods
- Tips for adapting test bank items and other item-writing resources
- Expanded content on the construction and administration of online tests
- Rules for the design of academic policies for academic integrity, testing, grading, and progression
- Rules on how to work with part-time clinical educators and preceptors to make sure that evaluation processes are followed consistently
- Details how to analyse written assignments with sample scoring rubrics
- Presents guidelines for the selection of standardized tests for a nursing curriculum
- Explains how to develop test blueprints and assemble, administer, write, and analyze tests
- Features a robust ancillary package: Instructor’s Manual (with sample syllabus, course modules, learning activities, assessment strategies, discussion questions, and online resources) and chapter PowerPoint slides Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Evaluation and Testing In Nursing Education 6th Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.