Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory (3rd Edition) – eBook PDF
This beautifully illustrated, comprehensive, and the affordably priced manual is suitable for a two-semester anatomy and physiology laboratory course. Using focused activities and by removing redundant exposition and artwork found in most prime textbooks Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory, 3rd Edition (PDF) complements the lecture material and serves as an effective and efficient tool for learning in the lab.
- Objectives. Every unit begins with a set of learning goals to prepare students for what they are expected to know after completing the lab.
- Pre-Lab Exercises. PLEs motivate students to actively prepare for the lab by defining key terms, using coloring and labeling units, saving you from having to spend excessive time reviewing material from the lecture.
- Model Inventories. Many lab manuals do not provide specific lists of structures that the students are to identify. Rather, those lab manuals scatter the anatomical structures throughout the unit, making it difficult for both the student and instructor. Exploring Anatomy and Physiology in the Laboratory 3e features organized and easily referenced lists of anatomical structures that students are responsible for recognizing.
- Photography and Illustrations. Several lab manuals simply reproduce artwork and exposition from the related textbook. Each figure in Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory 3e was particularly designed to improve student understanding of important lab models and procedures.
- Focused Activities. Focused activity defines the guiding philosophy of this lab manual. Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the laboratory. Exploring Anatomy and Physiology in the Laboratory includes features designed for medical students to learn and recall the information. The textbook asks students to be active by describing, marking, writing, drawing and coloring.
- Tracing Exercises. Our tracing exercises ask college students to write turn-by-turn, step-by-step directions tracing a substance (food molecules, blood cells, waste by-products, etc.) through the body and to trace the substance on a map of the human body. These exercises let students to see the big picture of how the body systems interact. They also allow students to grasp the relationship between function and structure.
- Hints & Tips. Hints & Tips appear throughout the ebook to help students navigate some of the more difficult topics in A&P.
- Check Your Recall/Check Your Understanding. Chapter-ending quizzes make sure that students understand important concepts and that learning goals have been achieved.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Exploring Anatomy and Physiology in the Laboratory 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.