Gray Morris’s Calculate with Confidence (2nd Canadian Edition) – eBook PDF
Gray Morris’s Calculate with Confidence 2nd Canadian Edition (PDF) uses a clear, step-by-step approach to make drug dosage calculations easy. Over 2,000 practice questions help you review basic math and then master the three standard methods of dosage calculation: formula, ratio and proportion, and dimensional analysis. With the increasing responsibility of the nurse in mind, stress is placed on critical thinking and clinical reasoning in avoiding medication errors. Showing current practice in Canadian health care, this ebook also provides excellent preparation for Canadian licensure exams!
- Chapter Review problems test student knowledge of all key topics presented in the chapter.
- SI measurement units and generic/Canadian drug names are included throughout the ebook.
- Tips for Clinical Practice boxes condense information critical to math calculation and patient safety.
- Post-Test in Unit One allows students to assess and gauge their understanding after completing the chapters on basic math.
- Safety Alert! boxes highlight common medication errors and recognize actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors.
- NCLEX® exam-style questions on Evolve assist students to prepare for the type of questions seen on the NCLEX-RN® Examination.
- Comprehensive Post-Test at the end of the ebook covers dosage calculations and conversions, using real-life drug labels and situations.
- Pre-Test review includes practice problems to help students evaluate their basic math skills and identify their strengths and weaknesses, covering decimals, fractions, percentages, and ratio and proportion.
- Practice problems and real-world examples assist students master correct dosage calculations and safe medication administration, with rationales included in practice problem answers to improve the understanding of principles.
What’s new in Gray Morris’s Calculate with Confidence 2nd Canadian Edition by Tania Killian:
- NEW! A-Z medication index references the page numbers where drug labels can be found.
- NEW! Tips for Clinical Practice from the textbook are now offered on Evolve in printable, easy-reference format.
- NEW! Increased number of Clinical Reasoning exercises builds students’ critical thinking skills, with an emphasis on preventing medication errors.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX-RN® exam-style case studies on the Evolve website offer drug calculation practice for the Next Generation NCLEX Examination.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content includes the latest Health Canada-approved medications, the latest research, current drug labels, Canadian statistics, commonly used abbreviations, and recommended practices related to medication errors and their prevention.
All Our Prices Are In US$
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Gray Morris’s Calculate with Confidence, 2e (Canadian Edition) in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.