Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2). – eBook PDF
Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th edition (PDF) is the definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state-of-the-art radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, hundreds of demonstrative full-colour drawings, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms.
Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20e gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible.
Essential for practice and education, the landmark Harrisons Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition features:
- End-of-chapter suggested readings reinforce the textbook material and provide a robust platform for further study and research.
- Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from world-renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the textbook material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient outcomes.
- Relevant and timely new chapters—such as LGBT Health, Promoting Good Health, Approach to Medical Consultation, Systems of Healthcare, Pharmacogenomics, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases, Antimicrobial Resistance, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more—offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must-know topics in medical education and practice.
- All-new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Gender and Sex-based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and Metabolic Syndrome; and Consultative Medicine— Plus, a new Part covering cutting-edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Health and Disease, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Emerging Neuro-Therapeutic Technologies, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
- State-of-the-art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision-making and higher value care but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention. Harrison’s summarizes significant new essential science developments, such as the role of mitochondria in programmed and necrotic cell death, the immune system’s role in cancer development and treatment, the impact of telomere shortening in the aging and disease processes, and the role of the microbiome in health and disease. Understanding the role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease, the precise mechanisms of immune deficiency in HIV/AIDS, prions and misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases, and obesity as a predisposition to diabetes are just a few examples of how this edition provides essential pathophysiology information for health professionals.
Harrisons Principles of Internal Medicine 20th edition PDF is the best ebook for internal medicine ever written!