Introduction to Forensic Science and Criminalistics (2nd edition) – eBook PDF
This Second Edition of the best-selling Introduction to Forensic Science and Criminalistics presents the practice of forensic science from a broad viewpoint. The book has been developed to serve as an introductory textbook for courses at the undergraduate level―for both majors and non-majors―to provide students with a working understanding of forensic science.
The Second Edition is fully updated to cover the latest scientific methods of evidence collection, evidence analytic techniques, and the application of the analysis results to an investigation and use in court. This includes coverage of physical evidence, evidence collection, crime scene processing, pattern evidence, fingerprint evidence, questioned documents, DNA and biological evidence, drug evidence, toolmarks and fireams, arson and explosives, chemical testing, and a new chapter of computer and digital forensic evidence. Chapters address crime scene evidence, laboratory procedures, emergency technologies, as well as an adjudication of both criminal and civil cases utilizing the evidence. All coverage has been fully updated in all areas that have advanced since the publication of the last edition.
- Progresses from introductory concepts―of the legal system and crime scene concepts―to DNA, forensic biology, chemistry, and laboratory principles
- Introduces students to the scientific method and the application of it to the analysis to various types, and classifications, of forensic evidence
- The authors’ 90-plus years of real-world police, investigative, and forensic science laboratory experience is brought to bear on the application of forensic science to the investigation and prosecution of cases
- Addresses the latest developments and advances in forensic sciences, particularly in evidence collection
- Offers a full complement of instructor’s resources to qualifying professors
- Includes full pedagogy―including learning objectives, key terms, end-of-chapter questions, and boxed case examples―to encourage classroom learning and retention
Introduction to Forensic Science and Criminalistics, Second Edition, will serve as an invaluable resource for students in their quest to understand the application of science, and the scientific method, to various forensic disciplines in the pursuit of law and justice through the court system.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Introduction to Forensic Science and Criminalistics 2nd edition in PDF. No access codes are included.