Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis – eBook PDF
This ebook, Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis (PDF) deals with matrix methods of structural analysis for linearly elastic framed structures. It starts with a background of matrix analysis of structures followed by a procedure to develop force-displacement relation for a given structure using flexibility and stiffness coefficients. The remaining text deals with the analysis of framed structures using flexibility, stiffness and direct stiffness methods. Simple programs using MATLAB for the analysis of structures are included in the appendix.
- Contains solved examples and MATLAB codes
- Introduces key concepts in the development of flexibility and stiffness matrices
- Helps students understand the background behind the structural analysis programs
- Explores matrix methods of structural analysis for linearly elastic framed structures
- Discusses concepts like redundant and action coordinates (in flexibility method) and active and restrained coordinates (in stiffness method)