The Science of Psychology: An Appreciative View (5th Edition) – Laura King – eBook PDF:
Sharon L. Lewis
The Science of Psychology: An Appreciative View (5th Edition) – Laura King – eBook
Learn how to become an exceptional caregiver in Canada’s evolving health care environment! Adapted by a team of 4 experienced Canadian nurse-educators and a slate of expert contributors from across the country, the Canadian Edition of Medical-Surgical Nursing in Canada 4th edition (PDF) offers up-to-date coverage of the hot topics, latest trends, and clinical developments in the field of nursing.
Completely updated and revised content explores patient care in various clinical settings and focuses on key topics such as evidence-informed practice, exam preparation, patient safety, culturally competent care, prioritization, patient and caregiver teaching, and the determinants of health.
A variety of helpful tables and boxes make it easy for nursing students to find essential information and the accessible writing style makes even the most complex concepts easy to grasp. Best of all – a complete collection of study and learning resources helps all students learn more effectively and offers valuable, real-world preparation for clinical practice.
- A highly readable format offers a strong foundation in medical-surgical nursing.
- Examination review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce key content while helping you prepare for examinations.
- Content written and reviewed by leading experts in the field ensures that information is current, comprehensive, and clinically accurate.
- Determinants of Health boxes focus on the Public Health Agency of Canada’s determinants of health, as they apply to particular disorders.
- UNIQUE! “Levels of Care” approach organizes nursing care in three levels: acute intervention, health promotion, and ambulatory and home care.
- Genetics in Clinical Practice boxes addresses key topics such as genetic testing, Alzheimer’s disease, sickle cell disease, and genetics-related ethical issues.
- Expanded chapter on genetics focuses on the practical application of genetics to nursing care of patients and includes current changes in Canadian clinical practice.
- Culturally competent care chapter and special sections discuss culture as a determinant of health, health equity and health equality issues; Indigenous populations; and practical suggestions for developing cultural competence in nursing care
- Revised Chapter 1 situates nursing practice in the unique Canadian context, discussing patient-centered care, interprofessional practice (including delegation and assignment), information-communication technologies, patient safety, and quality improvement
- Assessment Abnormalities tables alert readers to abnormalities frequently encountered in practice, as well as their possible etiologies
- More than sixty comprehensive nursing care plans on the Evolve website defining characteristics, specific nursing interventions with rationales, expected outcomes, evaluation criteria, and collaborative problems
P.S: This purchase only includes the Medical-Surgical Nursing in Canada 4e PDF . No online access codes are included.
All Our Price Are In US$