Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice (3rd Edition) – eBook PDF
The molecular diagnostics landscape has transformed dramatically since the last edition of Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice in 2011. With the broadening of molecular testing and the development of new technologies and their opportunities, laboratory physicians and professionals more than ever need a resource to help them navigate this rapidly developing field.
Editors Fred Tenover and David Persing have brought together a group of experienced researchers and diagnosticians to update this third edition comprehensively, to provide the latest developments in molecular diagnostics in the support of clinical care and of basic and clinical research, including next-generation sequencing and whole-genome analysis. These updates are given in an easy-to-read format and supported by a broad range of practical advice, like determining the appropriate type and quantity of a specimen, releasing and concentrating the targets, and eliminating inhibitors.
Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice
- Advises on the latest quality control and quality assurance measures
- Offers the latest basic scientific theory underlying molecular diagnostics
- Explores the increasing capabilities and opportunities of information technology
- Shows and summarizes key concepts and techniques with detailed tables and figures
- Provides tested and proven applications of molecular diagnostics for the diagnosis of infectious diseases, including point-of-care testing
- Discusses developing technologies, including the use of molecular typing methods for real-time tracking of infectious outbreaks and antibiotic resistance
Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition, (PDF) is a textbook for molecular diagnostics courses that can also be used by anyone concerned with diagnostic test selection and interpretation. It is also a helpful reference for laboratories and as a continuing education resource for physicians.
“Molecular methods have become essential for the rapid and accurate diagnosis of infections, and this ebook provides an authoritative guide to the field. I highly endorse it.” ─ Ferric C. Fang, MD, Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Microbiology, Adjunct Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases), University of Washington School of Medicine & Director, Harborview Medical Center Clinical Microbiology Laboratory
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice 3e in PDF. No access codes are included.