Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment (10th Edition) By J.M. Cairo – eBook PDF
The most clinically relevant respiratory care equipment textbook on the market, Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment, 10th Edition employs a “how-to” approach that moves beyond technical descriptions of machinery. Learn to identify equipment, understand how it works, and apply your knowledge to clinical practice with this comprehensive overview of the equipment and techniques used by respiratory therapists to treat cardiopulmonary dysfunction. The 10th edition includes updated information on the latest devices and equipment, which are divided into clearly defined sections including: ventilators, transport, home-care, neonatal and pediatric ventilators, and alternative ventilators. In addition, there’s a focus on specific ventilator characteristics such as mode, monitors and displays, alarms and indicators, graphics, special features, and troubleshooting for lesser-used ventilators.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Approach provides you with a “how-to” guide to identifying equipment, understanding how it works, and applying the information in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! List of Ventilators organized by application area and manufacturer make review and research quick and easy.
- NBRC-style Self-Assessment Questions at the end of every chapter prepares you for credentialing exams.
- UNIQUE! Infection Control chapter provides a review of this critical topic that RTs must understand to prevent healthcare-associated infections.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) give you important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Pedagogy includes chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, chapter introductions, and bulleted key point summaries to reinforce material and help you to identify relevant content.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Scenario boxes (formerly Clinical Rounds) allow you to apply material you’ve learned to a clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Historical Notes boxes present educational and/or clinically relevant and valuable historical information of respiratory care equipment.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content reflects changes in the NBRC exam.
- NEW! Updated images and full-color design enhances your understanding of key concepts.
- NEW! Streamlined device coverage features the basics of the most widely used devices in a clearly segmented and bulleted format for easy access to this key information.
- NEW! Content on the latest devices and equipment includes: ventilators, transport, home-care, neonatal and pediatric ventilators, and alternative ventilators.
NOTE: This sale only includes Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment PDF. No connect codes come with the ebook.