Professional Nursing: Concepts and Challenges (8th Edition) – eBook PDF
Suitable for use in early courses in baccalaureate curricula; in RN-to-BSN and RN-to-MSN courses; and as a resource for practicing nurses and graduate students.
Professional Nursing: Concepts & Challenges, 8th Edition, (PDF) guides students and new nurses to positively influence their careers and the nursing profession. This popular text details what it means to be a professional nurse — the history, values and standards, and commitment to life-long learning. This edition includes new information on QSEN, Electronic Health Record information, the impact of social media in nursing, and updated information on the Affordable Care Act. Valuable learning helps throughout every chapter include: case studies, evidence-based practice, cultural challenges, critical thinking, interviews, historical notes, professional profiles, nursing research, concepts & challenges, and ideas for further exploration. This edition discusses the present state of the nursing profession, standards and scope of practice, health care delivery systems, transition into professional practice, and future challenges for the nursing profession.
- A Glossary is included at the end of the ebook.
- Key terms are bolded where described in the text.
- Learning outcomes are provided at the chapter openings.
- Case Study boxes include scenarios involving relevant issues in patient care.
- Historical Notes stress little-known stories of heroisms in the nursing profession.
- Discusses the effects of social media on nursing, including ethics and boundaries.
- Interview boxes study the issues of culture and faith from the perspectives of leaders in those fields.
- Thinking Critically Challenges provide questions or scenarios for in-depth consideration of relevant issues.
- Concepts and Challenges and Ideas for Further Exploration at the end of the chapters assist you in review and test prep.
- Considering Culture boxes highlight the effect of culture on the way in which nurses achieve their roles and the way in which patients experience healthcare.
- Evidence-based Practice boxes emphasize problems identified in patient care, the nursing researcher’s questions and research, the outcomes of that research, and the resultant recommendations for care.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Professional Nursing: Concepts & Challenges, 8th Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.