String Theory in a Nutshell (2nd Edition) – eBook PDF
String Theory in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition, (PDF) is the definitive introduction to modern string theory. Written by one of the world’s leading authorities on the topic, this brief and accessible ebook starts with fundamental definitions and guides readers from classic topics to the most exciting frontiers of research today. It includes perturbative string theory, the unity of string interactions, the AdS/CFT correspondence, and its applications, black holes and their microscopic entropy, matrix model tools for string theory, and more. It also features 600 exercises and serves as a self-contained guide to the literature.
This completely updated edition features a completely new chapter on flux compactifications in string theory, and the chapter on AdS/CFT has been substantially broadened by adding many applications to diverse topics. Moreover, the discussion of conformal field theory has been extensively reviewed to make it more student-friendly.
- Now fully expanded and revised
- An online illustration package is accessible to professors
- The vital one-volume reference for students and researchers in theoretical high-energy physics
- Ideal for physicists and mathematicians specializing in theoretical cosmology, QCD, and novel approaches to condensed matter systems
- Provides expanded coverage of AdS/CFT and its applications, namely the holographic renormalization group, holographic theories for Yang-Mills and QCD, nonequilibrium thermal physics, finite density physics, and entanglement entropy
“An excellent reference for any graduate student interested in string theory. Kiritsis succinctly explains many of the recent developments that are the vital background to current research.” — Juan Maldacena, Institute for Advanced Study
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook String Theory in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.