The Counseling Practicum and Internship Manual: A Resource for Graduate Counseling Students (3rd Edition) – eBook PDF
This best-selling guide to the practicum and internship experience, written expressly for graduate counseling students by a seasoned counselor and educator, is now substantially revised.
New and expanded content touches on CACREP developments, trauma-informed care, social media, mindfulness, multicultural competencies, and more.
With a strong focus on counseling as a specific professional identity, the book helps graduate students and new counselors develop their own approach to counseling and supervision, maintaining beneficial working relationships, self-care, sharpening writing skills, and record-keeping.
A completely new chapter focuses on trauma-informed care developed from evidence-based approaches.
Concise and accessible, the book describes everything students need to know as they enter and progress through the practicum and internship process.
Replete with case examples and sample forms, it encompasses information on how to select and apply for practicum/internships in all settings.
It also examines ethical and legal issues, ensuring student safety at field sites, and clinical issues including teletherapy and termination.
Instructor and student ancillary materials are included with this new edition. The print version of the book includes free, searchable, digital access to the entire contents!
New to the Third Edition:
- Updated to include content on 2014 ACA Code of Ethics and CACREP developments
- New chapter on trauma-informed care including evidence-based approaches
- Information on crisis intervention and de-escalation
- Increased content on supervision styles and models
- Expanded information on student safety at field sites, job searching, dealing with mandated/resistant clients, and goal setting and self-evaluation
- Receiving feedback from supervisors and providing feedback to peers
- Stages of change/client willingness to change as counseling model
- Discussions about social media, vicarious trauma, cyberbullying, and mindfulness
- Teletherapy including confidentiality issues, hacking, encryption, and legal issues
- Multicultural counseling competencies
- Expanded case studies
- New Instructor’s Manual and PowerPoint slides
- Focuses on counseling as a specific professional identity and mentors students in a supportive, user-friendly style
- Covers everything students need to know as they enter and progress through the practicum/internship process
- Includes abundant case examples
- A concluding chapter on preparing for the job search, résumés, cover letters, and negotiating salary
NOTE: The product only includes the eBook, The Counseling Practicum and Internship Manual 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.